Saturday, January 11, 2014

Figuring Out Life...

It feels damn good. 

For a couple of years now I have felt horrible of the future and the start of a new year. The future is always blurry and you never know what it holds. The new year, for me, is always filled with empty promises. But this new year has been different. I have stopped feeling sorry for myself and moved past the need to understand the future. I have moved past the need to make empty promises. The present is more important than my thoughts on the future. The present is where you make preparations for the future. I wasn't paying attention to my present life and it ruined me. My mind stayed focus on my past and it shaped how I felt in the last couple of years. I know that I no longer want to let my shortcomings dictate, who I want to become. I will always remember them and see them as a lesson to be better. 

The future and the new year are something I look forward to. It is time for me to be an optimistic realist, which makes no sense. I just want to have a happy approach to the realism of life. 

In the upcoming months I will be graduating from college with my bachelors. I will be sending out cover letters and resumes, if all goes well I will get into a merchandising program. If it doesn't work out I have a back-up plan...NAVY.


ANSSKRMH

No comments:

Post a Comment