Friday, January 2, 2015

2nd Day of the New Year

The new year has come and I am not as excited as I was last year. Last year, I was in Japan and high on international travel. I even used the most hated phrase on the planet, "New Year, New Me." I have heard that phrase too many times to know it means absolutely nothing anymore. I am a homebody and on New Years Eve I was invited to a little party. Nothing interesting happened at the party, but it was worth going to. I needed a change that I thought I would have started making at the beginning of last year, which obviously didn't occur. 

This year I am going against the idea of making a resolution and instead I plan on making short-term goals. I am one of those people that used to make absurd resolutions, like going to be super fit this year, going to get a boyfriend, going to learn to do a backflip and etc. If you knew me you would understand that the boyfriend resolution is absurd to me. 

I want to start with working on my fear to try, because of a chance of failure. The first thing I am going to do to work on that is sign up for a swimming class. This girl right here has never learned to swim and it is important, in my opinion. My next short-term goal is to improve my drawing capabilities, by signing up for an art class. The last I would like to do before the year is up is sign up for a teaching position to teach English in Japan. 

For about two years now I have been living my life on neutral. I haven't done anything I am extremely proud of and I want to change that. I want to take more risk, not be scared, love the person I see in the mirror, not be mean, not be shy, but I learned it all takes time to push through the shell I build around myself. 

Even though I hate saying these type of things, but here I go, "This year is to putting a crack in the shell I made and learning to enjoy the light that streams through."

(TAH)-{HE}-[RAH]

P.S. I cut my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment