Thursday, August 7, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy Review


Yesterday I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and I loved it. After seeing Iron Man 3 I was weary to watch another superhero type movie. I decided to give it a try, because Marvel doesn't disappoint too badly. DC comics on the other hand has been killing me. The Superman movie was TOO long and boring. The beginning was great, because of Russell Crowe. That man knows how to act. I am getting off topic before I even get on topic. 
I never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy until I saw the actor playing Peter Quill get muscles. Chris Pratt didn't seem like an action/superhero kind of actor, but I love being proven wrong (when it comes to movies). He was perfect for this role. A comedic actor, like Pratt, pulled off the cheesiness with ease. Dave Bautista surprised me, because I didn't expect him to act so well in this movie. I saw him in a direct-to-video movie called Scorpion King 3 and that was TERRIBLE. The movie was terrible, so I am most likely judging him based on the movies performance in general. There is no need to bring up Zoe Saldana, because everyone knew she would be amazing. 
I lied about my reason for watching the movie, it was to see Karen Gillan as Nebula. She played Amy Pond in Doctor Who and I wanted to see how she fared after such an incredible television show. 
The movie is visually and musically pleasing. The music selection worked well with the storyline and the time period the movie starts in. It worked for me and in my opinion, had minimal plot holes. Once I get off my movie high I probably will notice more plot holes, but it was great to me. It is hard to fit a comic series into a 2 hour movie, when the series has different versions and several issues. 
I can't wait for the sequel. Knowing myself I will probably buy my ticket ahead of time and be in line at 10 p.m..

(TAH)-{HE}-[RAH]
P.S. My favorite characters in the movie were Groot and Rocket. Groot was amazing and complex, while Rocket was trigger happy and I liked that. 
I AM GROOOOOOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment